Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lake's Blessing

We blessed Lake on March 7th and it was such a special day for us. Elder L. Tom Perry and Jeffery R. Holland from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles were in attendance in our sacrament meeting that day. They were taking care of some stake business and needed a sacrament meeting to go to... so they came to ours. The whole day had such a special spirit about it. Not only because we were blessing Lake, but because we got to sit at the feet of two apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ben and I talked about how neat it would be if they would be able to stand in the circle as he blessed our sweet little one. So right before the meeting was about to start Ben went up to the front, along with another Daddy from our ward who was blessing his daughter that day, and shook both the apostles hands and asked if they would stand in the circle. He said something like, "We are blessing our daughter today and were wondering if you would stand in the circle". He was standing right next to the other Dad and Elder Holland looked at both of them and said teasingly, "You're blessing the same daughter?" They all laughed. Isn't that cute?

It was so cool to have them stand in as we presented our little girl before the Elders of the Church and gave her a name and a blessing. Her name, Lake Lucy, is a very special name to us. Lake-because we love it so much. It is unique and serene. It represents nature and all of it's beauty. Lucy-because we love it so much. After Ben's grandma, Lucille, who is kind and gentle. Celestial in every way. And also after my mom, Grandma Blu (it's actually Grandma Lu, Lu for Luana, but my kids have always thought it was Gram Blu). Grandma Blu who is generous and supportive and loving beyond words.

Of course Lake was a complete angel and looked so beautiful. We gave Skyler (Ben's little brother) Lake's binky to hold just incase she started to fuss during the blessing. He was supposed to give it to her if she needed it so he kept peeking on her to make sure she was still happy. Afterwords he told us that she smiled through the whole blessing and he thought she was going to bust up laughing. What a little squeaker pants.

After the blessing when Ben held her up to show the ward how beautiful she is, it was so funny to hear everyone giggle at her cute hair. It was such a great blessing and we had such a wonderful experience. Lake sure is a special girl and this will be such an awesome story to tell her about when she gets older. We love her so dang much. Wow! What a special day for us. One which we will never forget.

(you can see more pictures of Lake and her dress here)

16 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

That's awesome you guys had them stand in the circle! That doesn't happen every day :o)

I love Lake, I want to cuddle her right now! I love that first picture with her hair, SO CUTE!

Now I'm off to your photo blog to check out more pics!

(Um, so, just so you know, I can't post a comment on your photo blog at work because my work blocks those blogs who have comments embedded below their posts....hint hint ;o) (Because I know how important my comments are to you! LOL, yeah right.)

Brandon & Tiff said...

Wow! What a special day. Thanks for sharing. That was beautiful. I am dying over Lake's hair. She is a doll.

Ty and Ber said...

I love that story! I still giggle when I think of how witty some of the Apostles are.
Lake is such a doll!

Wehrle said...

Oh Ash that is so cool! She is so cute, I would love to see her in person!! That is so great of Ben to take the time to write everything down, she will love that later in life!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Beautiful! Pictures, story, blessing, baby, everything!

Youngbergs said...

What a special experience! Lake (I love that name) is such a cutie. Her eyes remind me of a lake. :)

Marsdinis said...

That is such an awesome experience! Wow! That little girl is starting out her life on the right track!

Such a beautiful baby.

Megan said...

What a special day and what an awesome story she will get to tell when she is older. She looks absolutely beautiful!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Ahhh so sweet! She is an angel sent from Heaven to you guys! I love that she had such powerful men in her blessing circle-awesome!

Shiree said...

How special the whole day must have been! I love blessing days.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Wow, that is amazing... two apostles! Love her blessing dress.

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

What an awesome experience! Lake is so beautiful in her dress. I love the pics on your other blog too.

Trichelle said...

what an experience!! That is amazing. So happy for your family. She is beautiful.

Sidney said...

i really really love that story! how amazing to always be able to have that memory and special blessing for her. she is so beautiful and incredible!!!

Irene said...

Wow....what an awesome experience. One you can treasure FOREVER. :)

Orr's said...

I have to say I'm in love with the name Lake, I was going to stick with L's for all my kids and Lake was #1 on the list. I'm a sucker for big blue eyes, I want to squeeze her.